I am Associate Professor and UJF-CNRS Chair of Excellence at the CNRS Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Géophysique de l’Environnement (LGGE) and University Joseph Fourier in Grenoble (France). My field is dynamical meteorology, hydroclimate/weather extremes and climate variability and change. I am currently conducting several projects targeting mechanisms of moisture and heat transport in mid and polar latitudes and also midlatitudinal extreme events, mostly associated with abundant rainfall. I also teach at bachelor, master and PhD level and supervise master and PhD students.
Areas of expertise:
- Dynamics of midlatitude and polar cyclones in the present and future climate
- Extreme weather and climate events, statistical modelling of extreme precipitation
- Climate change in global- and continental-scale water cycle
- Air-sea interaction at synoptic and climatic time scales
- Tropical meteorology, El-Nino – monsoon interaction